Tuesday, June 3, 2008

About me

Hello all, Im a 29 year old mother of two who has recently made a huge step to change my life. On the 7th of August 2008 Im going to get LAPBAND SURGERY.

Now im sure there are some people out there that will find this a completely drasic move and I can tell you i once too was in the same frame of mind. When I was in my 20's a and 105kg(231lbs) I was told by a doctor that I should go get this done and I remember running out of the room crying and very insulted.

I have somewhat been living in denyal about my weight but at the same time its something I have struggled with for ever, even my mum would say that I was always in bigger clothes then all the other kids even in kindergarden.

My husband seems to think the world of me no matter what but my heart knows that ive managed to let myself go even more into weight gain hell, Im now 153cm and 132kg(291lbs) with a BMI of 56.....

There are no excuses here just plain old fashioned habbits that I have not corrected over time. Its funny I dont really see myself as really unfit or huge but when i put it down on paper like this its shocking....

I have done every diet I can think of and have managed to loose 20kg(44lbs) here and there only to gain 30kg back each time. I spend the first half of the year dieting and the second half gaining it all back.....

I have decided to blog my progress for others who may want some imput on this process, and for genuine readers who have no judgement on me or my decision. I applause those of you in the world who have had successful weight loss with out surgery but Im at the end of my rope with this. The final decision to do this came when I found a book I had from 1999 from a main stream weight loss centre it charted my weight and my weight loss. It woke me up and just made me realise how long i have been fighting myself and my food habits without any form of real success.

I really dont know at this stage whether the lapband is going to be a positvie or a negative change in my life but Im willing to give it a try for me, my husband and my kids so they can see the person that I can really be once i gain cofidence and health.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena