Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So far the process June 2008

Its taken me a good year to make the final phone call that would have me meeting the surgeon. I rang and cancelled and rang and cancelled 3 times. Its different for every doctor on how they approach there patients. Some have exercise therapists some have psychologists some don't. My Doctor will be my soul point of contact through this journey so I'm hoping Ive made the right choice to go with him.

Ive met the dietitian and I have joined a gym today where there just happens to be an exercise therapist who deals with lap band patients. (lucky!!!). I realised that I enjoyed exercise something I haven't said for a while. My main concern is my kids i have to organise day care for the few hours a week i will be in the gym.

I have been advised to do Optifast for 4 weeks prior surgery, i believe this shrinks the liver and makes it easier for the surgeon to operate so its vital that i do this. I apologise in advance to anyone who is going to be around me because I know lack of food with turn me into a awful person. (some surgeons say 2 weeks or 3 or less or more once again it depends on the doctor and I guess your BMI) I also had to do a sleep test I will do a separate blog on this later.

So now I'm at the waiting stage where I'm waiting for the surgery........... wish me luck..........

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena