Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weight loss moving SLOWLY!!!

Yes the Christmas indulgence has finally stopped LOL!!! I have yet to go back to the gym... Aiming for Monday! Today I have found that without any fills I'm full fairly quick so its really great. Its up and down and I have been told that this can be the case with the band Some days are less restricted then others.

I still think I need just a Tadd more to be at the right range for me. I'm still under 100kg YAY!! but as to be expected without the gym weight loss has been slow, which is fine! I'm back on track now and this week has been a little better. I was going to go on some healthy choices for a few weeks just to get things moving along (not a diet)!!! just a few calorie controlled meals. Its happened to me in the past with my weight... It stops for months then re kicks in and I start again (usually with or without exercise).

The most thing I love about the band is i never feel like I'm on a diet ( Ive always been to stubborn for that. I can pretty much eat everything as long as I chew and it usually helps me to make the better choices. I would not choose say!!! a burger cos it takes for ever to eat and I would of usually had the whole half side of the pizza but 1 slice is enough.

Gosh to think what I use to eat compared to now and no wonder I reached the weight I did!! I could never really figure it out... but portion is everything and the saying "eating in moderatin is sooooooooooo bloddy true. It baffles me to think that you only need small helpings to suvive the rest is really an indugence a bonus in life our times really take for granted.( like I said I can pretty much eat everything just little bits of it) some are not as lucky.

I cant cheat and I don't feel guilty with the band (well I could cheat I guess) but what I mean is I'm not on a strict planned diet. I'm eating everything just not much.

So far I would have to say I wold not recommend it to a person that knows they can reach goal all on their own, and like all the books say I can see why it is the LAST resort!! for dieting ( like my husband who is thinking of doing it) I know he can do it on his own he has in the past!! Keeping it off is another challenge for him but my band should make his eating habits to control easier cos i wasn't a great help in the past the way I ate! He hates needles and has a low pain threshold (for the food getting stuck times)! If he wants to do it for sure I said "go for it, but make sure first".its up to him but I know him well enough to give him both perspectives.

What has happened to me recently.... HMMMMMM!!! well I did go to a store and grabbed the bigger size and the lady said "no you will need a smaller one... That was really nice and made me realise just how far I have came. I guess when you are with yourself all day you don't really realise how much different you look to others.

I bought s size 14 which was a nice feeling (one off of course) but i may of already mentioned that!! (was shocked it fitted)LOL!!!

What else.... ummmmm There is a rumor i got a tummy tuck which i find hilarious other then that I feel good. Ive had to buy new bras It seems that my boobs have shrunk!!! There is a lot here to spare so I'm not upset about that LOL!!! and i have noticed some skin on my arms well more loose flab and on my breasts which may become an issue if I get to goal which i will get fixed.. Other then that 2009 has started off slow, OH!!! I did go to the movies and fitted in the seat with space on either side that was great..

Anyway
For those of you that have just had the op hang in there the pain will soon go and the journey will soon start..

Best Wishes

Cheers
Beena

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena