Saturday, June 28, 2008

mother in laws

Hmm Mother in laws can be good but the one i have doesn't think before she speaks and although I like her she has a tendency to get quite abnoxious and rude without even knowing she is doing it.

Example number 1: My husband lost a lot of weight over 12 months and he looked great, you couldn't recognise him. Instead of saying well done she would say things like "you look almost sick being that thin."Of course all his life she had been telling him that he needed to do something about his weight.

Example number 2: "I don't want anymore grandchildren i think I have enough!!" WHAT !!! somehow I really don't think its up to her....

and of course the piece of resistonce

Example number 3: And i quote " When I met you you were so thin"
(12 years ago and 2 kids later) you have a stunning face (which was a nice compliment) but " there was a but..... with her there is always a but.....

"but if you could get off 10kg or more just even for health reasons then you would be a knockout." (mind you she is a 147kg or way over 300lbs person herself)

My response: " Well gee thanks for that......I really needed to hear that.... "AHHHHHHHHHH she drives me nuts sometimes..

She has lost 20kgs (around 40lbs) so she is suddenly an expert on healthy eating...... but at her new current weight she pretty much weighs the same as me.
Sad really......

I think I would be really really upset if there was not light at the end of the tunnel but I guess with the upcoming plans to get the band I wasn't devastated by that comment and although it did hurt and still does it would be nice to think that maybe, just maybe i would look half decent if i was 70kg (140lbs) acceptable to society and with its unfortunate discriminative ways that even myself are blind to at times......(by the way she doesn't know I'm getting the band)

The scene in the new movie "GET SMART with the overweight lady was a good one.... just thought id add that in.

Anyway I guess Ive had a few omens that worry me that sway toward not getting this done:

My husband loosing his job
The money situation
My husband lost the optifast shopping i bought so i had to buy some more.

But I feel that this is the only thing left for me to do.........
To be continued....................................................

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena