Friday, July 11, 2008

Optivomit Day 5

WOW these headaches are still going but the hunger has subsided.... I managed to cook the kids dinner and watch them eat Mcdonalds for lunch and surprised myself with the amount of will power I have, i wont even taste test food or have 1 chip Which shocked myself.

I feel a little better Ive lost 3.1kgs in 5 days (i think 6+lbs) but it will be hard staying motivated because although 3.1kg sounds great I can't help thinking there is just so much to loose and it will be a while before I feel and see a real difference.

I can only bring myself to have 2 Opitfasts instead of 3 and I know thats probably not good but i just can not get the third down. The consistency makes me want to throw up no matter how much water is in it, and I cant seem to find a really good veggie recipe containing the ingredients used in the Opti brochure, that I could tolerate but am having maybe 1 cup instead of 2 veg because Im not hungry.

Chewing gum is my saviour at the moment it seems to help get the after taste of Opti out of my mouth (sugar free of course)
Ive got a little more energy I guess that will get better everyday, and my bestfriend said that i seem happier lately, maybe because Im exercising and getting out the house.

Im trying to organise a day spa trip with her in Melbourne and my holiday to QLD and my Lap-band and helping my husband open a new business and get money in to pay for all of this.... Its been difficult and we are at a difficult part in our lives right now but If I don't think about it all it doesn't effect me.

I think with this lifestyle change once I can finally shop in a normal size store i will start to see just how much this is all worth it. Yesterday I must admit I did have a little cry because I guess I thought about it all for a minute and lets face it i love my food and am totally addicted to food. I said to my husband in my teary fit.... "Maybe i shouldn't do this I cant do this maybe I should accept my fate of maybe dieing young from being fat.. " It was a stupid thing to say but I'm not going to lie and pretend that this has not crossed my mind IS IT ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!! I don't know because Ive never really been thin or at least happy with my weight but its something ive always wanted and always wished for when they hand me the knife to cut my birthday cake each year and ask me to make a wish.....

Beena

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena