Friday, August 1, 2008

Thyroid scare

Got a call at 8.30pm the other night the message went something like this

"hi its Lee Im the admissions nurse at the hospital you need to call me back ASAP I need to speak to you in person its about your bloodtests....." and then hung up...

I was left thinking I was dieing or that they might cancel my op.

I finally got a hold of her and she basically siad that my thyroid reading was off. (which is due to the rapid weight loss) I have an under active
thyroid and am on medication for it I just had to modify my dose no
drama But boy it was a scary few days waiting for the doctor to get
back to me.

I have 1 week left and I am finding the last week on Optifast even harder then before I stuffed up big time tonight, Ive been so good for so long AHHHHHHHHHH. I find it amazing how some doctors have no pre op diet. Anyway I think my husbands eating habits are going to make this a really hard journey for me. I dont know if its because Im not eating but
i notice all the bad stuff he eats and through him I can now see how i
got this big. We would order 1 family pizza and eat it between us. I look
back now and think how wrong that is and it would take me 3 slices
before i could get a little full. I just hope the band stops my
interest in food that i have all the time.

Beena

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena