Monday, September 1, 2008

Down 6.7kg (14lbs) since the lapband

Things with the band are getting better. I will begin back at the gym tomorrow after having 4 weeks to recover. I can still feel a slight stitch but nothing that is making me worry. Since the op ive lost 6.7kg (14lbs) without even doing any extra activity, but now im recovered its on. I feel great im now 111.9kg(246lbs) which is still alot to carry around but much better then 130.5kg(287lbs) so in total with optifast pre op and the band Ive lost 18.6kg (41 lbs) so im getting there. I must say the head hunger is hard im so use to eating big sizes of everything. Here is a few tips for future bandsters only from what helped me, others may disagree (but who cares) this is my blog LOL....

1. Buy small bowls and plates (saucers and kids bowls)
2 Buy kids knife, folks and spoons until you work out how to chew chew chew.
3. Get european pillows for the first week after the op a hot water bottle or heat pk
(helps to ease the pain and the pillows are great for supporting the tummy.
4.keep a water bottle close at all times
5. Portions are great like tuna with crackers already packed so you know how much you are eating cheese and crackers, small cereal boxes things like that.
6.dinner ive been filling up my small bowl with portions size foods like healthy choices which ususally there is over half still left but the bowl is a great measure once again so i know where im at
7. If you want something sweet try 99% fat free white hot chocolate from Jarah or portion sized chocolate (1 stick kitkat) so you dont over do it.

Well this is just what Ive learned so far from my journey with the band.


Take care.

BEENA

So far this is what ive learnt hope this helps.

CHEERS

Beena

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I got the Lapband on the 7th August 2008 and have lost just over 30kg in 4 months. This is my journey so far.... I am more then happy to help with what I have learnt so far being banded. Cheers Beena